Skip to main content

Idaho Enterprise

MMS Football suffer tough losses but ends week on a strong win

The Knights had a busy week of football. They played Tuesday at home against Marsh Valley. The 7th grade team had some adjusting to do this week with a different quarterback and moving players to different positions. In the first half Wade Clark had some big runs and Krey Keetch had catch for several yards from quarterback Rowdy Bates. In the 2nd half the defense had some good plays. Krey Keetch, River Taylor and Rasp Carter let the tackles going against Marsh Valley. The end of the game ended 32-0 Marsh Valley. 

The Knights 8th grade played an extremely close game against the Eagles. The 1st half ended with Parker Price catching a touchdown pass at 21 seconds left from quarterback Easton Green to send the Knights into halftime winning 6-0. The Eagles scored early in the 2nd half with Easton Green intercepting the attempt at the extra 2 points making the score 6-6.  Drake Morrison then ran the punt return all the way back to score another Knights touchdown. Ky Willie intercepted a Marsh Valley pass in the 3rd quarter. The game was 12-12 going into the final quarter. Colter Bennett scored a touchdown as well as the extra 2 points. The final Knights touchdown of the game was scored by Dawsyn Peterson. The defensive side of the ball played hard trying to keep a talented Marsh quarterback in check. The Knights lost a heartbreaker 26-28 to the Eagles. 

Thursday the Knights traveled to Bear Lake to play the Bears.  The 7th grade game was a game of tough defense by both teams. Rowdy Bates, Wade Clark, Mason Ball and Gunner VanBebber all worked hard to move the ball but the offense just couldn’t get in for the touchdown. Halftime had a score of 0-0. In the 2nd half big tackles by David Leckie, River Taylor and Rasp Carter kept the defense pushing hard against the Bears. Although they came close to scoring Malad ended the very close game 0-6 Bear Lake. 

The 8th grade team was off to a great start in the first quarter. With 2 touchdowns by Drake Morrison and an extra 2 scored by Ethan Horsley the Knights led 14-0. The 1st quarter continued to see big plays by the Knights. A fumble recovery by Oakley Maddox put the ball back in Knights quarterback Easton Green’s hands. With a big pass to Ethan Horsley to move the ball down the field the knights were in perfect position for Colter Bennet to get a big run and Drake Morrison ran in another touchdown. Colter Bennet scored the extra 2 for the knights ending the first quarter 22-0 Knights. The 2nd quarter Oakley Maddox caught an interception, Ky Willie and Drake Morrison scored touchdowns making the score at halftime 34-0 Knights. In the 2nd half Green threw a touchdown pass to Jaxsen Purdum. With Ethan Horsley catching an interception and the defensive line putting a complete stop to the Bears offense the game ended with a final score 40-0 and a great victory for the Knights. 

“We are seeing great things from these kids.  Adjusting to new positions this late in the season is a hard thing to do but they are working hard to learn and grow stronger as a team.”

The Knights have their last home games this Wednesday against American Falls.